High Structure. High Support. College for All.
We are proud of our scholars, families, teachers, staff, and community supporters who have worked together to make our Cliffs Campus an amazing place to learn and excel. Our scholars work hard every day in and out of the classroom. On-site science exploration days, off-site field trips to the museums, and much more are all part of what it means to be a scholar at Village Prep Cliffs Campus.
Our campus, located on E36th between St.Clair and Superior Ave., offers high-performing, college preparatory, tuition-free public charter schools open to all students and families.
Our mission is to seek to provide a high quality, academically rigorous education for the college bound scholar. We empower our scholars to think critically, assume social responsibility, and serve as advocates for themselves and the community. We achieve these goals with in a highly focused, structured and safe environment. We, as a community of educators, families and scholars work relentlessly to ensure that every child is prepared to succeed in a competitive world.
Our vision is that children in every neighborhood in Cleveland have access to at least one outstanding preparatory school.
Claps, cheers, and chants energize our highly focused classrooms. Motivating school-wide routines create a culture where scholars thrive.
We use the Fundations curriculum, a multi-sensory and systematic approach to phonics, spelling, and handwriting. We use the Heggerty curriculum, which focuses on letter and sound recognition, language awareness, and auditory language development.
- ELA: We use the KIPP Wheatley curriculum, which focuses on all students' skills and content for academic and career success: close reading of high-quality, complex texts and thorough, precise writing.
- Math: We use the Ready Mathematics curriculum, which helps students develop mathematical reasoning, engage in discourse, and build strong mathematical habits.
We partner with City Year to provide additional staff that supports students through additional mentoring, tutoring, and building relationships.
We partner with Open Doors Academy to provide after-school, out-of-school, camp, and summer experiences through High School and beyond!
We partner with Say Yes to provide Family Support Specialists that provide wrap-around services for students and families.
Exceptional Student Education
Everyone learns here! We celebrate diversity, equity, and inclusion of all types of learners and we work hard to make sure that our schools are brave spaces where exceptional learners are supported and have all the resources needed to reach their full potential.
We believe all students deserve an exemplary education to achieve at the highest levels. We work hard to ensure that our schools are inclusive, anti-racist, brave spaces where exceptional learners can reach their full potential. Learn more about our Exceptional Student Education Program here.
We provide the following student-focused and goal-driven support services:
- ESE teachers who provide both push-in and pull-out support for students with IEPs.
- English as a New Language (ENL) support
- Speech therapy, Physical therapy, Occupational therapy, Hearing services
- Gifted education acceleration
- We offer ESE Extension Rooms settings for students with IEPs who need more specially designed instruction and a small-group, self-contained setting.
Culture at our schools is foundational. A high structure, high support culture sets high expectations for all scholars while continuously giving differentiated support for an individual child to help them be successful. This takes a relentless and diversified approach from the adults that surround the student to prepare them for success in life.
High Structure High Support ultimately means doing whatever it takes to ensure scholar’s success without lowering expectations.
- Daily Communication through Kickboard/Bee Folders/Remind
- Active PTO
- Monthly Parent Nights
- Monthly Parent Pop-ins
- Wraparound Services
- Volunteer Opportunities
Engaging, Interactive Remote Learning
We know that remote learning takes a major commitment from families and scholars, and we’re here to make it as easy as possible while continuing to provide an excellent education.
We provide all of the technology, wifi accessibility, and tech-support needed to facilitate remote learning and we also offer grab-and-go meal kits each week to all scholars.
It is always our goal to reach the whole child, and we strive for a balance of athletic and non-athletic after-school extracurriculars. For example, extracurriculars include:
- Boys/Girls Basketball
- Geography bee
- Prep Loyalty Step team
- Urban squash
- Tech / Verizon 5G Innovative Learning Lab
Thanks to all the parents and family members that make up our PAC. All families welcome.
- Parent Portal Login
- COVID Resources & Updates
- Application & Enrollment Policies
- SchoolMint Enrollment Portal
- Transportation Information
- 21-22 Preps Scholar & Family Handbook
- Transportation Information
- Do you have a student who will be in K - 6th grade?
- Do you live in Cleveland, between 1 and 5 miles from the school?
- Are you interested in yellow bus transportation for next school year?
- If you answer yes to all the above, Apply Now
- Aftercare Partners & Daycare List
- Preps Quick Guide
- Reference Guide on Attendance, Homework, Communication, Parent Access, and Code of Conduct
- Mandatory Parent Orientation: Call or Email Us to Get Signed Up
Dress Code & School Uniforms
For more information, visit our Uniform page.
- Policy 204.14 – Career Advising & Student Success Plan
- Policy 453 - Wellness Policy
- Policy 203.1 Parent and Family Engagement in Title I Programs
- Policy 242 - Student Assessment and Academic Prevention
- Policy 227 - Child Find Policy
General Notice of Non-Discrimination
The School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, or age in its programs and activities.
- Annual Report 2019-20
- Annual Report 2018-19
- Annual Report 2017-18
- Annual Report 2016-17
- Annual Report 2015-16
- Annual Report 2014-15
- Annual Report 2013-14
Annual Sponsor Report
Phone: (216) 456-2080
Fax: (216) 249-0616
1417 E 36th St
Cleveland, OH 44114
MEET THE PRINCIPAL!
About Kelly Foerg
Kelly Foerg joined the Preps family in 2012 as a Founding Intervention Specialist at Woodland Hills. Mrs. Foerg moved into coaching Special Ed and Title 1 Reading teachers at both the Woodland Hills and Cliffs campuses. In 2015, she became Director of Curriculum for Village Prep Cliffs with a focus on literacy. She is excited to move into the role of Principal and continue to build on her team and scholars growth. Prior to working with the Preps, Mrs. Foerg has taught 5th grade, high school special education, and was an After School Coordinator.
Mrs. Foerg lives with her husband, Tim, and her daughter, Katherine. Her son, Jeff, lives in St. Louis and her daughter, Courtney, attends BGSU.
A Student at Village Prep Cliffs
Hear from Village Prep Cliffs 4th Grader, Elizabeth, to discover what she loves most about V Prep Cliffs, her favorite things about school, and a glimpse into what makes Breakthrough Public Schools such a special place!
We offer an innovative and engaging curriculum for all scholars, including support for all learners, and unique programs such as our kindergarten readiness program, after-school activities, and enrichment programming.