Kindergarten enrollment is open.
Kindergarten is the first step on the journey to lifelong learning! Choosing a school for your child can be difficult. Finding a school with dedicated educators and joyful classrooms that allow your scholar to grow, explore, and thrive can make all the difference.
Our teachers, staff, and community would love to be a part of making that first day -- and every day after that -- special for both you and your young scholar.
The beginning of a bright future...
Why choose Breakthrough?
Chief Academic Officer Andrew McRae shares why should you send your kindergartner to BPS and what makes our program different.
1. We're committed to early literacy, and our tuition-free curriculum ensures that from day 1, young scholars develop reading skills that they’ll use for the rest of their life.
2. Kindergarten scholars receive personalized, individual instruction. Each K-2 classroom has two licensed teachers committed to supporting each scholar's specific needs. Your child will discover something new every day. We offer a mix of hands-on, engaging learning experiences, fun physical activities & extracurriculars.
3. We are wholeheartedly committed to your child's success in life! We'll warmly welcome you on that first day of kindergarten, and be there for their college graduation, offering support and encouragement every step of the way
KINDERGARTEN ENROLLMENT 2022
How to Enroll in Kindergarten
Enrolling in kindergarten is as easy as 1-2-3! First, confirm that your child meets the below requirements to be eligible to attend kindergarten.
Kindergarten Eligibility Requirements 22/23
- Your child must be at least 5 years old by September 30th, 2022, to enter kindergarten.
- Ohio law requires children in this state to go to kindergarten. This means, if they missed out on kindergarten last year due to COVID, now is the time to enroll!
When should I enroll my child in kindergarten?
- With spaces limited, complete enrollment as soon as possible to ensure that your child has a seat for our return to in-person learning this fall! Get started below.
Get Started! Begin Enrollment Below
Enter your email or phone number to create an account or log in to your previously created account. Once you are logged in, you will then click 'Add New Scholar' to begin the application.
The login screen will look like this:
1. Proof of Residency (within last 90 days - examples: utility bill, lease, pay stub)
2. Copy of Child’s Birth Certificate (with guardian’s name)
3. Child’s Latest Shot Records (due before the first day of school
Documents can be submitted by:
Or, by uploading from your phone or computer.
Complete an application and submit it along with the required documents.
Once you receive an offer via SalesForce for your child/rens to enroll, you must Accept and Complete Registration to secure your child/ren's enrollment place the in class.
You will accept and complete registration in SalesForce on your Desktop or Mobile App.
Welcome to Kindergarten
The first step on the journey to lifelong learning!
It’s important to choose a school that encourages joyful learning in a setting that encourages your scholar to grow, explore, and thrive.
Located across Cleveland, we offer a network of nonprofit, tuition-free K-8 schools in Cleveland, and we'd love to have you join our growing community!
Kindergarten at Breakthrough: Here We
What makes our kindergarten program special?
ENGAGING, INTERACTIVE LEARNING
Lessons are taught live by our amazing team of Breakthrough teachers. Whether our scholars are participating in remote learning or in the classroom, they will experience a variety of fun learning formats and specials including small group learning, breakout rooms, art, music, physical education, and more.
Each school day follows a schedule and routine, complete with joyful learning, team-building, and breaks in between.
SUPPORT AND FLEXIBILITY
We know that remote learning takes a major commitment and effort from parents and families, and we’re here to make the experience as seamless as possible, supporting you each step of the way.
We provide the technology, wifi accessibility, and tech-support needed to facilitate remote learning and we also offer grab-and-go meal kits each week.
EVERYONE LEARNS HERE!
We celebrate diversity, equity, and inclusion of all types of learners and we work hard to make sure that our schools are brave spaces where exceptional learners are supported and have all the resources needed to reach their full potential.
PARTNERSHIP WITH PARENTS AND FAMILIES
Parents and families are the cornerstones to our scholar's success and we deeply value the relationship we have with parents. You can expect transparent communication and collaboration from each and every teacher and staff member, from day one.
We love our Breakthrough Family!
What teachers are saying...
“It's nice to know that our Kindergartener’s personalities can really shine through a computer, I love my kids, and we have fun all of the time. We are doing many phenomenal things in our virtual classrooms, and I have never been more proud to work for an organization full of educators who care so deeply about their students.”
Kindergarten Readiness Resources
Developmental Milestones Checklist
A checklist of important developmental milestones for incoming kindergarteners!
Top 10 Kindergarten Readiness Skills
Ten skills to practice with your child, along with tips for parent and student expectations for success.
Before School Starts Summer Checklist
A checklist of kindergarten readiness activities to practice with your child over summer!
Printable K-Readiness Worksheets
A collection of seven fun and printable activities for your child to practice writing, counting and more.
Example Kindergarten Remote Learning Schedule
See what a day in the life of a remote kindergartener at Breakthrough looks like!
Books to Read With Your Kindergartner
The Day You Begin
by Jacqueline Woodson
How Many Seeds in a Pumpkin?
by Margaret McNamara &
G. Brian Karas
The Name Jar
by Yangsook Choi
Juneteenth for Mazie
by Floyd Cooper
What is Given from the Heart
by Patricia C. McKissack
Want more Readiness Resources?
Sign up to recieve the latest updates about enrolling in kindergarten, readiness resources, and more!
Free. Public. Open to All.
Our entire network of schools is free, public, and open to all. No tuition, no vouchers. Students with IEP? No problem. You simply have to secure your child's spot by registering them before the start of the school year. We do have limited spaces, and are already starting wait lists in certain grades. If you have two or more children you'd like to enroll, we especially encourage you to start your application soon to avoid wait lists in different grades.