The Drew Forhan Breakthrough Scholarship at BGSU
The Drew Forhan Breakthrough Scholarship was established to support students at BGSU who have attended Breakthrough Public Schools for their K-8 experience in Cuyahoga County, Ohio.
- Must demonstrate financial need as determined by FAFSA;
- Must be a graduate of any high school in Cuyahoga County, Ohio.
- Preference will be given to student from historically underrepresented backgrounds and who have attended a Breakthrough School during their K-8 experience. Breakthrough Schools include:
Citizens Academy, Citizens Academy East, Citizens Academy Southeast, Citizens Leadership Academy, Citizens Leadership Academy East, Citizens Leadership Academy Southeast, Village Prep Cliffs, Woodland Hills, Willard, and E Prep Cliffs.
The award for this scholarship is $4,000!
Breakthrough Alumni have an exclusive opportunity to apply for this prestigious scholarship.
The application process for the 2021 Drew Forhan Breakthrough Scholarship at BGSU is OPEN, with a deadline of March 1, 2021.
Click below for the link to the application via the BGSU Academic Works, now available to any student who is already accepted to BGSU.
Utilize your available resources when applying for this or any other scholarship! This includes your high school guidance counselor, your parents/guardians, mentors and others. Good luck - we hope you become one of the 2021 scholarship recipients!
About Drew Forhan
Drew Forhan is the founder, president and CEO of ForTec Medical, Inc. Founded in 1988, ForTec Medical was created on the premise that hospitals, surgical centers, medical offices and patients would benefit from mobile access to technology and highly trained technicians on an as-needed basis.
In 2017, Ohio Gov. John Kasich appointed Drew Forhan of Hudson, Ohio, to the Bowling Green State University Board of Trustees. A past student representative to the BGSU Board of Trustees, he earned a bachelor’s degree in business administration/selling and sales management from the University in 1981. He is a board member and chairman of the Hudson Community Foundation. In 2015, he was inducted into BGSU’s Hamilton Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership Hall of Fame.
Mr. Forhan’s keen interest in student success merged with his support of Breakthrough Schools, prompted him to establish the Forhan Breakthrough Scholarship at Bowling Green State University. He shared, “The years I spent at BGSU helped to shape who I am today. It is my hope that this scholarship provides the same opportunity.”
- BGSU offers 200 majors and programs
- BGSU boasts a 9:1 student-to-faculty/staff ratio – your support system here on campus!
- Most affordable top-quality college in Ohio with a Falcon Tuition Guarantee
- No. #1 public university in the Midwest for student satisfaction - Wall Street Journal
- BGSU is home to nearly 20,000 students, including students from all 50 states and 70+ countries
- 20% of the incoming class is racially and ethnically diverse
- The Bowling Green community
- One of America’s best college towns – WalletHub
- 30 minutes to city lights and shorelines
- Center for Undergraduate Research and Scholarship (CURS)
- Division of Diversity and Belonging
- Home to areas such as: Center for Women and Gender Equality, LGBTQ+ Resource Center, Office of Multicultural Affairs
- Over 400 student organizations
- Honors College
- Cedar Fair Resort and Attraction Management
- Ohio Attorney General Bureau of Criminal Investigation on campus. Full Bachelor of Science in Forensic Science degrees offered
- Schmidthorst College of Business
- Aviation Studies
Value of a BG Education
- Falcon Tuition Guarantee - The Falcon Tuition Guarantee provides all undergraduate, first time students and their families the certainty that tuition, room and board, out-of-state surcharge, special purpose fees, and course and class fees will not increase over the four academic years at BGSU
- BGSU awards $25 million total in academic scholarships each year
- Falcon Internship Guarantee – a year-long program where students gain the knowledge and career competencies needed to secure internship and other experiential learning positions
- 97% of graduates report being employed, admitted to graduate school, or starting a business within 6 months of graduation