Yellow Bus Interest Applications SY 23-24
Requests Open May 1st
You need to reapply for SY 23-24, even if you were routed for SY 22-23
You must meet the following requirements in order to be eligible:
- Fully enrolled as a K- 8th grade scholar for the 23-24 School Year at one of our five campuses
- Reside in the city of Cleveland (Proof of Residency may be requested if the address indicated on the application is different than what we have on file)
- Live between 1-3 miles from the school. You cannot live less than 1 mile or more than 3 miles to qualify
If you meet the above requirements, please complete the following:
- Fill out the Yellow Bus Interest Application (below) for each of your enrolled children. We must have a separate application for each child.
- Completion of the interest application does NOT guarantee your child(ren) will be routed. Applications will be reviewed for eligibility.
- Once Community Bus Services determines eligibility, a member of the Breakthrough Operations Team will send route information to your provided email.
- If your child(ren) is/are in Grades K-2, you will need to fill out and sign a walking waiver before your child can begin riding. This will come to your provided email via DocuSign.
- If your application is not accepted and your child(ren) is/are deemed ineligible, you will receive communication of ineligibility to your provided email.
Click Below (On or After May 1st) To Apply For School Year 2023-2024:
If you do not meet the eligibility requirements, you may qualify for Payment in Lieu.
By law, we are required to follow Cleveland Metropolitan School District’s transportation policies, which can be found online here. As an alternative, there is a Payment in Lieu of Transportation option. Payment in Lieu compensates families of students who do not meet CMSD’s residency/distance requirements. To learn more about Payment in Lieu, please contact the transportation department of your home district. The Breakthrough school your child attends is not the one that provides Payment in Lieu; it is the district in which you reside.
What is the deadline to apply for yellow bus transportation? When will route information be available? When can my child(ren) begin riding?
Starting May 1, 2023 we will accept Yellow Bus Interest Applications throughout the Spring/Summer and at any point during the 2023-2024 school year up until 4/23/24 @ 10:00 AM. However, the proximity of your child’s bus stop to home and when they can start riding the bus depends on when your completed application is received.