Hi families! While we all continue to adjust to the new world, we have Three Top Tips from our principals. We hope you find these helpful. Hang in there, you got this!
1) Keep it simple. Encourage your scholar to read as much as possible. Any reading counts!
2) 2-3 hours a day of education at home is *great*. 2-3 hrs of play is just as important.
School Messenger Transcript
Also, here is the transcript from our latest SchoolMessenger we sent out to all Breakthrough Families.
Hi families! This is Alan Rosskamm again at Breakthrough Schools. We are all thinking about you and our scholars every day, and sending you our very best. Today, as we head into what would have been Spring Break, I am sharing a message of Three Top Tips from our amazing principals to help make the days a little easier. We hope you find these helpful.
1) Keep it simple. Encourage as much reading as possible. Any reading is reading!
2) 2-3 hours a day of education from home is *great*. 2-3 hours of play is just as important.
3) If you have a phone or iPad, two resources are especially helpful: First is the Khan Academy Kids app. It’s available online and in all the various app stores. It’s 100% free, totally amazing, and several of our educators are using it at home with their kids as well. The second is FreeKidsBooks.org, where you can get access to hundreds of free children’s books.