We are very excited to partner with Open Doors Academy again this summer to offer a free, in-person summer camp experience for up to 700 current K-8th Breakthrough scholars! Summer camp is a time for scholars to socialize, experience new adventures, learn new skills, and make lifelong friendships. If you’re looking for an impactful, unforgettable, safe place for your scholars to thrive this summer, then join ODA for a summer of serious fun!
Registration for camp is now open and spots will be filled on a first-come, first-serve basis. Register at the button below or reach out to ODA directly with questions at email@example.com.
Overview of ODA's Summer Camp Programming
Elementary School Grades
During camp, elementary school scholars will have the opportunity to reconnect with friends, sharpen their math and literacy skills, and receive social-emotional support as they prepare for school in the fall. Each week of camp is theme-based, and themes are derived from the book scholars read week-to-week. Scholars can expect to engage in a variety of traditional camp activities such as arts and crafts, sports, Science Technology Engineering & Math (STEM), field trips, and hands-on learning based on the weekly theme. Each day will be packed with plenty of exciting activities and experiential learning!
Middle School Grades
Summer camp is a time for scholars to socialize, experience new adventures, learn new skills, and make lifelong friendships. ODA summer camp is an impactful, unforgettable experience, and it’s a safe place for scholars to thrive academically, socially, and personally.
ODA offers dozens of week-long camps focused on arts and culture, health and wellness, community exploration, and more. From STEM, to rowing, to dance, and social justice in between – there’s truly something for everyone to enjoy.
For more than a decade, middle school scholars have participated in amazing summer experiences. This year, we’ll pair the joy of summer camp with the academic rigor our kids need. As the pandemic subsides, our goal is to prepare 100% of our scholars to return to in-person learning in the fall.
Key information for families to know
- Camp registration is open to all current K-8 Breakthrough scholars.
- Camp runs Monday-Thursday from 8am - 5pm.
- Families can select from two camp sessions:
- Session 1: Weeks of June 13, 20, 27 and July 4
- Session 2: Weeks of July 11, 18, and 25
- Up to 350 spots are available for each session.
- Camp will be held at Monticello Middle School in Cleveland Heights, located at 3665 Monticello Blvd. Students can be dropped off and picked up at Monticello or transportation will be available to and from Monticello Middle School from all Breakthrough campuses and select CMSD schools. Families who would like transportation can select whichever drop-off/pick-up location is most convenient.
- Breakfast and lunch will be provided.
- There will be no cost to families for participating in camp, as well as no cost for meals or transportation.
Refer a Friend
Do you know someone who is looking for a school to call home? Tell them about Breakthrough! Fill out a quick form below and we'll do the rest. We appreciate your support in helping strengthen and grow our community!