We announced last week that we are very excited to partner with Open Doors Academy to offer a free, in-person summer camp experience for up to 650 current K-8th Breakthrough scholars! Summer camp is a time for scholars to socialize, experience new adventures, learn new skills, and make lifelong friendships. If you’re looking for an impactful, unforgettable, safe place for your scholars to thrive this summer, then join ODA for a summer of serious fun!
Overview of ODA's Summer Camp Programming
Elementary School Grades
During camp, elementary school scholars will have the opportunity to reconnect with friends, sharpen their math and literacy skills, and receive social-emotional support as they prepare for school in the fall. Each week of camp is theme-based, and themes are derived from the book scholars read week-to-week. Scholars can expect to engage in a variety of traditional camp activities such as arts and crafts, sports, Science Technology Engineering & Math (STEM), field trips, and hands-on learning based on the weekly theme. Each day will be packed with plenty of exciting activities and experiential learning!
Middle School Grades
Summer camp is a time for scholars to socialize, experience new adventures, learn new skills, and make lifelong friendships. ODA summer camp is an impactful, unforgettable experience, and it’s a safe place for scholars to thrive academically, socially, and personally.
ODA offers dozens of week-long camps focused on arts and culture, health and wellness, community exploration, and more. From STEM to rowing, to dance, and social justice in between – there’s truly something for everyone to enjoy.
For more than a decade, middle school scholars have participated in amazing summer experiences. This year, we’ll pair the joy of summer camp with the academic rigor our kids need. As the pandemic subsides, our goal is to prepare 100% of our scholars to return to in-person learning in the fall.
Key Information for Families to Know
- Camp registration is open to all current K-8 Breakthrough scholars. Families must attend an orientation session before registering - see below for more information.
- Camp runs Monday-Thursday from 8am - 5pm.
- Families can select from two 4-week camp sessions:
- Session 1: Weeks of June 7, 14, 21, 28
- Session 2: Weeks of July 12, 19, 26 and August 2
- 325 spots are available for each 4-week session.
- Camp will be held at Monticello Middle School in Cleveland Heights, located at 3665 Monticello Blvd. Yellow bus transportation will be available from all Breakthrough campuses to and from Monticello Middle School. Families who would like transportation can select whichever Breakthrough campus is most convenient to drop off and pick up their scholar(s).
- Breakfast and lunch will be provided.
- There will be no cost to families for participating in camp, as well as no cost for meals or transportation.
In order to register for camp, a parent/guardian must complete one orientation session. The final orientation will occur May 18th. This hour-long orientation will cover camp details, camp procedures, and frequently asked questions, and parents/guardians will have the opportunity for Q&A with ODA staff. Once orientation is complete, you can enroll your scholar(s) in camp.
To register for orientation, head to odacle.org/camp2021 or scan the QR code below. We can’t wait to see you there!
Questions? Reach out to email@example.com.
Refer a Friend
Do you know someone who is looking for a school to call home? Tell them about Breakthrough! Fill out a quick form below and we'll do the rest. We appreciate your support in helping strengthen and grow our community!