July 10, 2015
Dear returning CLA families,
It’s hard to believe that it is already July, and we are more than halfway through the summer! Enrollment has gone well this summer – we are just about fully enrolled in sixth grade and have very few open positions in seventh and eighth grade. If you have any friends or family members who are interested in sending their child to CLA, please reach out to us immediately! Our new teachers start next week, and we are excited to have them dive into the CLA culture and Expeditionary Learning.
The week before school begins we will be hosting multiple “Meet & Greets.” The purpose behind hosting Meet & Greets is to provide you the opportunity to meet the new members of the CLA community, and to meet all of your child’s teachers as well as the specials teachers. During the Meet & Greet, you will be informed of the updated school protocols and our slightly revised progressive discipline system. You will also be able to purchase new CLA polo shirts and “I AM CLA” shirts if you are interested.
It is essential that you call and reserve your space for your Meet & Greet! Select one of the following dates and times:
- Tuesday, August 11, at 8:30-10:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, August 12, at 5-7 p.m.
- Thursday, August 13, at 8:30-10:30 a.m.
Lastly, just a few quick reminders:
- Remind your scholar to complete his or her summer reading assignment and math stretch packet — details of the assignments are on our website!
- If your scholar is entering seventh grade, be sure to get the needed immunization booster and return that paperwork to the main office (see enclosed paperwork).
As mentioned above, I am incredibly excited for the start of the upcoming year, and I am eager to share the exciting changes with you and your scholar. As always, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to give me a call.